We are here for you if you are having trouble brushing and flossing while wearing braces. Call or text us to schedule an in-office HYGIENE COACHING SESSION with one of our HYGIENE SPECIALISTS. This service is COMPLIMENTARY and you can use it as often as possible.
Want a coaching session, but don’t want to come in?? Text us and we can schedule a virtual session. We are in this together.
Good dental hygiene is still important when you have braces, though it can be a little harder to brush and floss your teeth. You need to maintain healthy teeth even when you have braces so that you can have a beautiful smile when your treatment is finished.
It is important to choose the right toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss to make the whole process go smoothly.
How To Brush Your Teeth While Wearing Braces
1. Start by placing your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums.
2. Using a circular motion, brush your teeth gently.
3. Make sure that you brush all of the surfaces of each tooth, including the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces.
You should always use the tip of your brush when you brush the inner surface of your front teeth.
How To Floss Your Teeth While Wearing Braces
1. Start with a section of floss that is about 18-inches long. Carefully thread it between the braces and wire. You may want to try a floss threader, which might be easier for you.
2. Carefully floss around your braces.
3. Next carefully floss around your gums and then your teeth.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today at (503) 289-1992 if you have any questions about brushing and flossing your teeth while wearing braces.